|AGE GROUPS FOR 2014
2014 USATF Junior Olympic schedule:
|June 19-22, 2014||North Carolina USATF Junior Olympic State Meet||Durham County Stadium||Results Top 5 Places advance to Regional Junior Olympic Championships|
|July 10-13, 2014||USATF Regional Junior Olympic Championships -Region III||Durham County Stadium||Results Top 5 Places advance to the USATF National Championships in Houston, Texas|
|July 21-27, 2014||USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships||Turner Stadium
|Additional Summer Youth Meets:|
|June 7, 2014||NC State Games||UNCC||Charlotte, NC|
|June 13-15, 2014||Jim Law Invitational
New Balance High School Champs
|July 18-20, 2014||Russell Blunt East Coast Invitational||Duke University||Sponsored by Durham Striders|
|June/July (4 meets)||All Comers meets for kids 14 years old and younger||Grimsley High School||Free, awards to all finishers in the events. 6 to 14 years old|
Run with the Greensboro Pacesetters!!
If you like to run fast, and jump high and far, come out and join the Greensboro Pacesetters summer track club. Early season training is for the younger athletes, kids 9-12. We work on getting in shape and beginning skills. Give us a call or come see us at the track!A USATF Junior Olympic track team founded in 1979 by head coach, Charlie Brown; the Pacesetters vision is for all athletes to have an opportunity to train and excel in a high quality program at a reasonable cost. greensboropacesetters.com
This summer the 2009 USATF National Championship meet is in Greensboro; a great opportunity for all of our athletes to experience national level competition. Today’s youth athletes are tomorrow’s champions!
If you plan on running with the
Greensboro Pacesetters in 2009, Please read below.
Athletes and Parents need to:
* Help out in the fall cross country meets at least 2 times for 4
hours. This can be in the weekday administration or at the meets. If
you could help out more, it would be great and nice for us. The Cross Country meets pay for the track program.
* Help out in track meets we manage.
JOIN THE PACESETTER EMAIL LIST: EMAIL ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Put TRACK in the subject line.
1. FILL OUT A MEMBERSHIP FORM, USATF CARD AND PROVIDE 2 COPIES OF YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
A. Your USATF membership number can be obtained at http://www.usatf.org
B. You must put your USATF
number on the membership card and all copies of the birth certificate.
2. PRACTICE AT LEAST 3 TIMES PER WEEK.
** YOU CAN PRACTICE 2 DAYS WITH THE PACESETTERS AND TRY IT OUT, AFTER THAT YOU CAN JOIN.
3. THE GREENSBORO PACESETTERS TRACK CLUB IS FOR ATHLETES OF ALL ABILITIES AND AGES.IF YOU DO NOT
WANT TO WORK HARD AND FOLLOW THE TEAM
RULES, DO NOT COME OUT.
4. IF YOU DO NOT PLAN TO RUN ALL SUMMER, YOU CAN NOT PARTICIPATE ON A RELAY TEAM.
5. THE GREENSBORO PACESETTERS HAS HAD OVER 19 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS AND SENT ATHLETES TO COMPETE FOR OVER 42 DIFFERENT COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS TO NORTH CAROLINA TO STANFORD.
6. THE JUNIOR OLYMPIC PROGRAM IS AN ADVANCEMENT PROCESS. 7. IF ANY PROBLEMS ARISE, TALK TO US ABOUT THEM. IT IS UP TO YOU TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.
IF THERE ARE ANY FINANCIAL PROBLEMS ABOUT COMPETING, TALK TO US ABOUT THE SITUATION EARLY. THE CLUB CAN HELP
- Head Coach
2304 Gracewood Dr.
Greensboro, NC 27408
Email: email@example.com (put “track” in subject line)
336-282-8052 (after 7pm or weekends)